Request for Proposals
Cooperative Arrangement with Non-Profit Local News Organization
The Owned Television Stations Division of NBCUniversal is seeking applications from non-profit local news organizations interested in entering into cooperative arrangements with NBC owned and operated television stations in four or more television markets served by the NBC stations, including New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Miami, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Washington, DC, and Hartford-New Haven, CT.
These new arrangements will be modeled on the existing arrangements between the San Diego NBC station and Voice of San Diego. The purpose of these arrangements is to work cooperatively in the development and presentation of locally focused news and information on multiple platforms and to enhance diversity of viewpoints and programming in the selected markets. Cooperative elements of the arrangement may include story development, sharing of news footage and other content resources; financial support; in-kind contributions; shared used of technical facilities and personnel; on-air opportunities; promotional assistance; and cross-linking/embedding of websites.
The criteria for selecting partners will include the following.
- Robust local news gathering capabilities;
- A track record of objectivity and excellence in journalism
- Strong journalistic qualifications
- Strong organizational management
- Strong financial resources capable of sustaining a multi-year relationship
- The ability to report on diverse stories and provide diverse viewpoints,
- Diversity of your organization’s leadership and staff and its ties to the community it serves.
- The ability to work collegially in a cooperative relationship
To be considered, you must submit your application electronically on or before the deadline of July 22, 2011.